Several Awards are available from the Hellgate ARC to member and non-member amateur radio operators.
Worked All Hellgate
This is an old award from the 196O’s that was reactivated on April 16, 2005 and revised again in 2009. DESCRIPTION AND RULES
The Hellgate Amateur Radio Club (HARC) will sponsor the WORKED ALL HELLGATE AWARD to recognize and encourage amateur radio operations on all frequencies and modes allocated to the Amateur Radio Service by the Federal Communications Commission:
- Recipients must complete and document (log) 2-way radio communications with at least 25 amateur radio operators who are members-in-good-standing of the Hellgate Amateur Radio Club (HARC) during a calendar year (January 1-December 31). Official member list
- Using modes and frequencies legally available to the applicant, all 25 documented QSOs must occur on the amateur bands.
- Included among the 25 member-in-good-standing credits must be at least 5 of the officers, repeater committee members, or appointees of the Hellgate Amateur Radio Club during that same calendar year. See trailing link to current membership.
- Included among the 25 member-in-good-standing credits at least one QSO must be with one of the following stations: K7BA, N7FMW or K7IMZ
- No more than 10 of the 25 required QSOs may be made via repeaters (ie.15 QSOs must be simplex).
- Point to point communications may occur between any 2 geographic locations.
- Any combination of modes is acceptable
- Recipients must have participated in 2 HARC events during the same calendar year. For the purposes of this award, participation is defined as having transmitted and received message via radio.
- The Worked All Hellgate Award shall be available to non-members, as well as to members of HARC.
- To document completion of the above requirements, recipients of the All Hellgate Award must complete an application form and submit it to the award’s Gatekeeper. The Club will make available on request, in its newsletter and/or on its website a list of current members-in-good-standing, a list of elected club officers, the list of appointees, the rules governing this award and the application form.
- The Gatekeeper of the Worked All Hellgate Award will review each application to determine its authenticity. The Gatekeeper may spot check the applicant’s log. If the applicant successfully completes all requirements, the Gatekeeper will direct that the applicant receive the Worked All Hellgate Award Certificate. Unsuccessful applicants may request the HARC directors to review the Gatekeeper’s decision.
- Recipient of a Worked All Hellgate Award Certificate may receive annual endorsements upon successfully applying during succeeding years.
- Initial applications shall include a $1.00 fee. Succeeding applications for annual endorsements will not require a fee.
- HARC directors will appoint the Gatekeeper at the beginning of each calendar year. N7MSU, Bob is the current gatekeeper.