|Meeting / Event
|Daily 00:30 UTC
|Montana Traffic Net
|Saturday 9 a.m.
|Social Net for all hams
|Sunday 8 a.m.
|Montana Section Net 3.880
|2nd Monday of each Month at 5:30/7:00 p.m.
|Wednesday at 9 p.m.
|Club VHF Net
|22-23 June 2024
|5/6 October 2024
|?? October 2024
|Bitterroot Mushers Dirt Dash
|?? October 2024
|The Great Mt Shakeout Drill
|09 December 2024
|Sky Warn Recognition Day
Monthly Club Meetings
Meetings are held the 2nd Monday of each month at 7 p.m.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has graciously allowed us to use their South Ave Building for our meetings. The building is located at 3026 South Ave W, across the street, East, from Big Sky High School. Please use the North Entrance, all other doors will remain locked.
Adherence to the current church rules is the only way we will be able to to keep using this facility.
Testing area will be set up between 5:00-5:30PM and Testing will began promptly at 5:30PM, and end at/or around 6:30PM.
Meeting area will be set up between 6:30-7:00PM and meeting will began at 7:00PM (Business & Program).
Cleanup and Sanitizing will be done from 9:00-9:30. Volunteers (2) may assist.
Fort Missoula, Museum Field, Old Church.
Fourth of July Special Event Station
JOTA – Jamboree On The Air
Contact Eric NZ7S for more info on how to participate.
- Participants should check in prior to the hunt on the 146.90 repeater. Unlicensed persons are welcome to participate without checking in.
- For this hunt, the fox’s callsign will be: W7PX
- The hunt will be held on the simplex frequency of: 146.560 MHz
- The transmissions will begin at: 7:00 PM Local Time
- The hunt may continue for 2 Hrs, longer at the fox’s option.
- The fox will transmit for approximately (2 min 3 sec) and then be silent for approximately (56 sec) and then repeat the cycle.
- The fox will significantly change transmitted power level during the hunt. About 30-45 minutes into the hunt the fox will reduce power from 5 watt to .5 watt.
- The fox will be in a location accessible by the public, without charge and will not be inside of a building.
- For this hunt the fox will be within the Missoula Valley, and in a place accessible by vehicle.
- For this hunt, participants can begin the hunt from anywhere he or she prefers.
- After the first hour of the hunt, the fox may at his or her discretion, provide hunters with clues to the fox’s location.
- We want the hunt to be fun for all. If you have suggestions to improve this or future hunts please let us know.
- Drive carefully and observe all traffic statutes during this hunt, for everyone’s safety.
- Have fun, we are all novices at this and the object is to have a good time.
The Great Montana Shakeout Drill
To participate tune into the club net on 147.04, plus offset, no tone. Report your status with the following:
– your call sign
– your QTH
– your current location if different from your home QTH
– what radio you are checking in with (not every radio you own)
– do you have emergency power available (not if you are on emergency power)
– short description of emergency power available
Bitterroot Mushers Dirt Dash
This event featured a dog team/single pulling a wheeled cart/bike.
This is a timed event with contestants racing against the clock.
Check it out at www.bitterrootmushers.org