|Date/Time||Meeting / Event|
|Daily 00:30 UTC||Montana Traffic Net|
|Saturday 7a.m.||Breakfast at Paradise Falls|
|Sunday 8 a.m.||Montana Section Net 3.880 mhz|
|2nd Monday of Month at 7 p.m.||Club Meeting|
|Wednesday at 9 p.m.|
Club VHF Net
|23 May 2020||Grizzly Triathlon CANCELLED|
|6 June 2020||Trail Rail Run|
|27 – 28 June 2020||Field Day|
|28 June 2020||Missoula Marathon CANCELLED|
|4 July 2020||Club Special Event Station CANCELLED|
|28 Aug 2020||Fox Hunt|
|3 October 2020||Riverbank Run CANCELLED|
|21 October 2021||The Great Montana Shakeout Drill|
|16 October 2020||Fox Hunt|
|16 -18 October 2020||JOTA|
|?? October 2020||Dirt Dash CANCELLED|
|5 December 2020||Sky Warn Recognition Day|
|14 December 2020||Christmas Dinner Party CANCELLED|
Monthly Club Meetings
The Missoula Fire Department has cancelled the use of all firehouse conference rooms until further notice to reduce exposure to COVID-19. In the meantime HARC meetings will be held using the Zoom software. Email invitations to the Zoom meetings will be sent out by the club president before each club meeting.
Cancelled indefinitely due to COVID-19 closures.
We will be conducting Field Day YOYO style – you are on your own. Our planned Mt. Sentinel site has been cancelled due to lack of participation. You can still put “Hellgate Amateur Radio Club” as the club in your logs. For more info see ARRL Field Day. Club point of contact is Mike K7MSO.
Fourth of July Special Event Station
Cancelled due to COVID19.
Hellgate ARC members provide for public service and emergency radio communications for hundreds of runners. Some members have even competed in this event.
Club members will be located at strategic locations along the route. It is usually finished by early afternoon and then we normally get together at what is now Bridge Pizza at club expense. Those helping can give their choice for the after-event get together. A good activity to get involved with if you haven’t participated in any of these events in the past. More Riverbank Run information…
JOTA – Jamboree On The Air
Contact Eric NZ7S for more info on how to participate.
- Participants should check in prior to the hunt on the 146.90 repeater. Unlicensed persons are welcome to participate without checking in.
- For this hunt, the fox’s callsign will be: KC7RBC
- The hunt will be held on the simplex frequency of: 146.560 MHz
- The transmissions will begin at: 6:00 PM Local Time
- The hunt may continue for 2 Hrs, longer at the fox’s option.
- The fox will transmit for approximately one minute and then be silent for 4 minutes.
- The fox will not significantly change transmitted power levels during the hunt.
- The fox will be in a location accessible by the public, without charge and will not be inside of a building.
- For this hunt the fox will be within the Missoula Valley, and in a place accessible by vehicle.
- For this hunt, participants can begin the hunt from anywhere he or she prefers.
- After the first hour of the hunt, the fox may at his or her discretion, provide hunters with clues to the fox’s location.
- With this being the second transmitter hunt that the club has done in quite a few years, we would like the hunt to be fun for all. If you have suggestions on how we can improve this or future hunts please let us know.
- Drive carefully and observe all traffic statutes during this hunt, for everyone’s safety.
- Have fun, we are all novices at this and the object is to have a good time.
The Great Montana Shakeout Drill
To participate tune into the club net on 147.04, plus offset, no tone. Report your status with the following:
– your call sign
– your QTH
– your current location if different from your home QTH
– what radio you are checking in with (not every radio you own)
– do you have emergency power available (not if you are on emergency power)
– short description of emergency power available